After the boosting of remote jobs, many people are focusing on finding opportunities to travel and get digital nomad visas to enjoy different countries for a while
Digital nomad visa offers location-independent workers them to earn their income legally in the country they are currently in. They are easy to obtain, and they allow digital nomads to stay in the country they wish for longer periods. We have been talking here about the labor market trends, that flexible schedules and home offices are really important to the new generation. Check below to see which countries offer digital nomad visa and how to obtain it!
- Countries Offering Digital Nomad Visa
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Cayman Islands
- Czech Republic
- Costa Rica
- Portugal (LINK)
- Italy (Coming soon)
- Romania (Coming soon)
- Greece (Coming soon)
- Thailand (Coming soon)
- Indonesia (Bali) (Coming soon)
- South Africa (Coming soon)
- Sri Lanka (Coming soon)
Check out the steps to get a digital nomad visa
- Eligibility Criterion for Digital Nomad Visa
- You must be above the age of 18
- You should have a regular monthly income (The required minimum income may change by country)
- Your job should be applicable all around the world
To obtain a digital nomad visa, you should follow the steps below. Do not forget some countries may have additional requirements, so check their digital nomad visa policy!
Fill Out the Application Form
You can either fill out the application format online or by printing it. Also, some countries may require you to go to the embassy and fill out the form physically. You should include your up-to-date information in the form.
Make an Appointment with Embassy
Depending on the country you live in, you may be required to involve in a visa interview at the embassy. Check out the requirements for the country you would like to obtain a visa concerning your current residence, and make an application for a visa interview if it is required.
Prepare Your Documents
Required documents for your digital nomad visa application include;
- Filled out digital nomad visa application form
- A valid passport
- Identity pictures (they should be taken on a white background with no editing)
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of financial income (its source, the amount, etc.)
- Evidence of remote work (clients, work contract, business license)
- Civil documents (birth certificate, CV, qualifications, etc)
You may need to translate some of these documents, so again you need to check the specified country’s regulations concerning the required documents.
Submit Your Application
If you prepare all of your documents, you are ready to submit them to the embassy. Remember that some countries may require you to pay the visa fee beforehand and bring the receipt with you to the visa interview, so check it out!
- The digital nomad visa application process may last approximately one month. In terms of it is price, it changes per country. However, in general, it varies between €200 to €2,100; whereas it is free in some countries. In addition, according to the nation you are applying to, the visa’s duration will vary; yet often it is applied between one to two years. Some countries also allow you to extend the validity of your visa if you meet their criteria of qualification.
If you are thinking about becoming a Digital Nomad, you can start through freelance opportunities. Using Remotify you can find suitable opportunities for you according to your skills.